Kettlewell with Buckden Methodists at St Mary's Church, Kettlewell
Kettlewell is in the Upper Wharfe valley beyond Grassington on the way to Buckden. As you enter the village, turn right to go towards the church. Methodists share worship at the Parish Church.
Our Minister is the Rev Janet Clasper (Tel: 01756 752607). The Vicar is Revd James Theodosius (01756 760237).
The small band of Methodists in Upper Wharfedale now worship at St Mary's Parish Church in Kettlewell as part of the ecumenical project in the Kettlewell area.
Our shared Sunday Worship is at 9.30 am and services are as follows:
- 1st Sunday of the month : Ecumenical Communion in the Dales service
- 2nd Sunday of the month : Anglican Holy Communion (in alternate traditional and modern language)
- 3rd Sunday of the month : Anglican Morning Worship (in modern language)
- 4th Sunday of the month : Anglican Holy Communion (in modern language)
The Methodists and Anglicans share in all the activities of the parish which include:
- Youth Activities and Children's Club
- Social and fund raising activities.
Further details of all activities are available on request.
We are truly a community church and you will find a warm welcome amongst us whether you live in the area or are on holiday.
[These windows came from the former Methodist chapel here]